TheFourthTurn.com is looking to expand its writing staff to keep up with the highly competitive NASCAR industry. We are currently seeking motivated writers to contribute news and opinion articles on NASCAR or asphalt Late Models.
Based in South Carolina, TheFourthTurn.com is the leading source of NASCAR news in the Palmetto State. This opportunity allows writers to stand out in the industry and work for a news outlet that has a strong, credible reputation. Over the years, nearly all of TheFourthTurn.com’s former writers have gone on to find paid part-time or full-time work within the industry. Whether you’re a veteran looking to get back into a rhythm or a college student or recent graduate wanting to gain experience and network, TheFourthTurn.com offers an incredible opportunity to compete on the highest level of North American motorsports.
At TheFourthTurn.com, we look to primarily give college students and recent graduates an opportunity to learn about the industry and help them get their foot into the door. Opportunities are unpaid, but the exposure is well worth the time. In fact, TheFourthTurn.com works closely with the South Carolina Press Association and WMBF News in Myrtle Beach, so an article on the website may become statewide news overnight.
- You must submit two samples of previous works. Samples don’t have to be motorsports related and can be published news articles, blog posts, previous classwork or writing pieces to submit just for this opportunity.
- You must submit a cover letter on why you want to join TheFourthTurn.com and what you want to accomplish
If you are interested in joining our team, please email TheFourthTurn.com’s Managing Editor, Hunter Thomas at email@example.com.
As a writer of TheFourthTurn.com, you will either report from home or at the various racetracks.
At home, workload will depend on your personal schedule, but ideally, a race will be assigned, and you will help maintain the website’s social media accounts, report on breaking news throughout the week and write post-race content during the weekends.
If you’re representing TheFourthTurn.com at the racetrack, then it’s required that you maintain social media accounts and report on any story that’s assigned during the race weekend. Media credentials will be provided.
At no point will you write an investigative story of any kind what so ever. TheFourthTurn.com ONLY focuses on features and on-track action.
The following are just a few examples of behavior that will result in your last day with TheFourthTurn.com:
- Endorsement of a driver or team
- Negatively portraying a driver or team
- Not adhering to the rules of sanctioning bodies, officials or racetracks
- Plagiarism or fake news
- Spying for teams
- Obtaining autographs
- Selling memorabilia or parts and pieces collected at the track
- Not completing your assignments in a timely manner without prior notifying the Managing Editor
- Submitting articles written for TheFourthTurn.com to other media outlets without the permission of the Managing Editor